Monday, May 21, 2007

Lazy-Daze

It's been raining most of the day here in Prince Albert. I love the rain. Everything about it expresses life and freshness, worms and slugs, chirping birds and stillness.

Sun doesn't do that to me. When the sun shines, well, it's just a regular day - nice, but regular.

It's the rain that does it for me. It's so....life-giving....so.......wet! It cleanses. It washes the grime from a long winter past. It brings plants to life by restoring parched roots. The birds even sing with more feeling, it seems.

I snuggled down on our living room couch this afternoon and read The Companion, our Denomination's monthly magazine and intermittently gazed through the sliding glass door with a view to the back portion of our half acre lot. The trees in my view dripped with rain and the robins beneath them were hopping and pulling on long juicy worms, fattening up for their "pre-natal" time of nesting. Everything was lush and green and beautiful.

The magazine was great but the rain was better. It reminded me again that God continues to refresh us and give us life....."he leads me beside still waters, he restores my soul." (Psalm 23)

Oh God, thank you for the gift of water..............and restoring my soul today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too like rain.It smells good,it sounds good,it is just plain relaxing.I needed a wee break from" Carman can you get this day". Friends need things.New Forest Service friends need more help at times.

Sharon Kent said...

Carman, you're a great help to so many! Keep on!