Monday, July 9, 2007

Remember the Israelites?

Those poor blokes traveled hither and yon wandering about in the desert, eating the same stuff, day after day, living in tents, keeping their guard up for snakes and little nasties running about out there, living their lives, conceiving and having babies, and nurturing and raising them up to be adults.....all the while wandering.

There are times when I feel like one of them, albeit I don't have the same food day after day, nor do I live in a tent and I am certainly beyond having any more children, but I feel like I need to live lightly these days, not too many "essentials" to carry around. I know I'm being led, like Moses did, by the hand of God. It's just a matter of packing lightly and waiting for the next instructions.

In our house move, we have been able to shed a great deal of stuff that would weigh us down. I think after a couple more moves we'll have it down to where we need to be.

But for now, I'm happy. I love our little rented house. I feel comfortable in it and at home. A few boxes need yet to be gone through but as of today, I am satisfied. I have not yearned for what used to be. That surprises me a bit. I thought I'd miss the old place but I do not.

I guess God was waiting for us to be ready for all of this newness. I like it. Unlike the Israelites, I haven't seen any poisonous snakes slither by so that must be good.

1 comment:

Linea said...

I need to make a trip to the promised land and see what you are up to. One of these days...