Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Where do these baskets go?

Oh man. I think I'm disoriented. As much as I don't think about our old place hardly at all, I get to doing things here in the new place and I stand there in the middle of the kitchen dumbfounded. Looking blank. Wondering which way to turn.

"Where do these baskets belong? What cupboard did I decide to put them in and why did I put them in that cupboard in the first place? Shouldn't they be in the cupboard above the stove???? No. I guess that was in the old place. Well, why didn't I put the bread baskets above the stove in the new place? Oh ya. I see now. Can't reach............"

I'm alright with being short(er) but, hang me with buckets of blueberries, everything seems to be up so high.

Our new trailer too. It was a former basketball player that designed that baby. I'm totally sure about that. Nice when tall guests come over and they don't have to duck down to get in the place, however. But me............well, I just keep reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaching for light switches and air conditioner switches and overhead vents. I managed in the bedroom 'cause I could stand on our bed and open/close the roof vent. The bathroom I could jump into the bathtub, lean over and proceed to turn on the light switch..............attempt that maneuver in the dark. Then there's the straddling the two bunk beds on either side of the back bedroom, hoisting my larger-than-life self up with arms extended, head scrunched down so as not to knock ones self out cold and closing that roof vent. Good exercise though but sometimes tall is just plain handy-dandy.

So, if ever son, or son-in-law, daugher or granddaughter uses the trailer they'll be good to go. Son's lady friend however, my have to bring her own ladder.

How I ever managed to be the captain of our grade 12 basketball team, is still beyond me.

On another note, I keep seeing yellow leaves.......in trees, on the ground, in our flower pots. Hmmmmmmm.......................

Oh, and there's only 130 days 'til Christmas. Ya. I was checkin' out our new living room space here in the new digs, tryin' to get a feel for where our Christmas tree will go...........I'm dreaming of a white..................ooooops guess I'm gettin' a little ahead of myself here................

No comments: