Thursday, September 20, 2007

Another day in para-dise(ase)

When you get up to go to work in the morning and your husband "highly recommends" that you get yourself back to bed and when you call work to let them know of your intentions and the "big boss" answers and he says you sound terrible and that you need to stay home.....I guess that's a fairly good indication that you're not well enough to be in the presence of others.

My desire was to be at work but who wants to spread their germs everywhere.

I stayed home.

And I missed another meeting tonight too.........the time when the whole congregation gathers to discuss things. I have obligations. I needed to be there to take minutes of the meeting.

I guess sometimes our "obligations" must come second. We need to take care of our bodies.

It was a good day for some great talks with God. About our children, their struggles, their dreams, their desires, their futures. About friends and their relationships with their own children. About my brother in hospital.....and friends who are sick. About my cousin in Texas who has breast cancer. Our granddaughter - for God to watch over her.

Stuff like that.

I slept alot too.

Not a wasted day, in my books!

Hope all the "thousands" out there that read this blog are healthy too.............;-)

No comments: