Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A day that's the pits....

Having a migraine is a pain............in more ways than one.

Living slows to a very awkward crawl.

After the several doses of Advil, comes the total exhaustion.

But you know, I just cannot possibly function when that constant pain is there.

It bothers me a lot..........to stay home from work..........for a headache. I feel like I let co-workers down and I simply don't like that. It's not the kind of person I want to be. But nevertheless, these huge surges of pain engulf me and I'm forced to stay home with an ice pack.

Days like this, I thank God for an understanding supervisor......and a dear husband who brings me tea and toast in bed.

Tomorrow shall be better.

3 comments:

Linea said...

Sorry to hear of your misery. Maybe if the brain were not located in the paining part one could continue to go to work with a headache. But I sure understand how you could not. I am sure your co-workers understand too. They must miss you when you are away though.

Get over this thing quickly.

Sharon Kent said...

Thanks Linea. And I had so planned on Gatecrashers today........

Corinne said...

When I called the office yesterday and was told you were off with a headache, I knew the weather was changing and sure enough the rain came and boy did it rain at my place....... Hope your feeling better soon. Miss Ya!