Monday, September 24, 2007

A very long day.

Coming back to work from being away for a week is like being sent into the eye of a tornado. I sit at my computer and quietly read my 140 emails while all around me people are hurrying to this meeting or that, some actually running out the door to meet a deadline (hope they get along, deadlines can be so demanding).

After this very long day at the office, I arrived back home to a wonderful husband-cooked meal of shrimp stir fry and sweet and sour pork with rice and sauce. For dessert, apple crisp (apples from our tree outside) and pealed and cooked by my dear "90 something" Aunt. Isn't it wonderful to have people care for you?

Now is the time of year for the making of jams and relish and pickles. Yum.

So, following the delicacies of supper, husband and I took to making up a couple batches of peach jam. Although he had all the peaches pealed and mashed, ready to go. Just a matter of stirring and pouring and readying the jars and the clean-up afterwards. It's fun to work together in the kitchen.......well, most of the time. There are times when I stay clear.

I spoke with my brother Garry a few minutes ago who was discharged from hospital in Edmonton today. He's beginning his recovery and made it as far as Red Deer. Two-plus hours is far enough for one day. His voice sounded weak but it sounded so precious to me. It will take a few days before they embark on their journey back to Tisdale.

I shall head for bed soon and "count my blessings instead of sheep" to quote an old song sung by Rosemary Clooney and Bing Crosby in "White Christmas".

Oh, and Lord willing, we'll be enjoying our Christmas eve candle light service 3 months from tonight.

Yes, it was a very long day and I feel totally blessed indeed.

No comments: