Thursday, October 11, 2007

The ups and downs of surgery.

Anybody out there have surgery?

It's really quite something to get over, isn't it!

One day you're ready to jump over hay bales.......the next you're sitting slumped in your chair wondering if you're going to make it to tomorrow. Quite depressing.

It's tough. Waiting for all those little damaged cells to repair themselves so you really can do the hay bale thing. It just takes time. After 10 and a half hours of heart surgery though, your appetite wains, you get light headed sometimes, you just don't feel quite yourself and you really NEED to.

Dear brother is getting impatient. He wants wholeness RIGHT NOW, not tomorrow or next week.

I tell him to sit a spell, think about life and the gift it is to breathe and live.

He says he can do that when he's 100. Right now he wants to do hay bales.

Continue to heal him, God. Help his "ups" to be more often than his "downs".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom, I'm sorry you were lonely this week, strangely I sadly know that feeling all too much! I hope you feel better as the weekend approaches. Also, congradulate Matthew on his good mark for me and wish him luck in shcool for me. Love Shannon

Sharon Kent said...

Actually, I was just speaking with Matt and to quote him, "Shannon's probably learning a lot more than I am right now!" He was very happy about your mark too!

You probably need to discuss things at some point since you're both taking the same class!

Life can be very short, my darlings.

I love you both so very much.