Sunday, November 11, 2007

What's going on anyway, God?

Seems like everywhere I look there is something to read about helping others in need.

Perhaps it's God's way of helping me be more aware of that fact.....that there are people out there that need just the basics to live.

My world can be so very inward. Perhaps I need to expand it.

God, bring those things to mind, those things that I can do something about to change my little corner of the world.........or even the whole world........who knows.......but most likely it will be me who ends up changing. Seems to always happen like that. Guess that is what usually is necessary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a part of things that I've been processing, that discipleship is lived out in the loving of others, in caring for those in need, usually those rejected by others.

There are simple things we can do, I suppose, but I'm still wrestling with how that plays out as a committed life decision.

Sharon Kent said...

Yes, discipleship is exactly that. Loving people because we can and because everyone needs someone to love them. I'm not sure either how this will look as "a committed life decision". Guess I'll wait and see how it all progresses.

Praying for you, Matt.