Monday, November 19, 2007

What's important?

That's a question I ask myself every single day.

People sit by my desk. Sometimes it's just to chat. To connect.

Not other times. There are times when it's totally a one-way conversation. It's alright though. I've said it before and I'll say it again. People need to be heard. People need to be loved. They need to be cared for and listened to. THAT is important.

It's good to know people trust me with their secrets too........even when they know mine.....

There are a few people who have walked with me through my "dark night of the soul". These people know me.......and love me - still, and continue to make me accountable. We all need that. It's how we grow and mature.

Loving someone in spite of their frailties - like God loved me, in spite of mine....................... THAT is important.

I shall continue to ask myself "What's important?"........and my work usually gets done by the end of the day, in spite of the daily "conversations".

It's people. THAT is what's important.

1 comment:

Linea said...

You've got that right!