Monday, December 10, 2007

December at our house.

Between husband, our two grown children and myself we have 3 of the 4 birthdays in December.

Just how did we manage that??!!!

Between Advent programs, Christmas socials at work (3), various church Christmas festivities (3), various other non-church/work functions(4), not to mention baking, shopping, decorating, and church meetings, we somehow manage to sneak in three family birthdays. So that makes 11 events or so, plus 3 birthdays equals 14 events in 14 days!

And I wonder why I'm just a little tired.

But, Something else is always in the back of my mind during December.

It's not only the preparation. It's not just the thought of the celebration. It's not simply the excitement. But much more than that..........

Ya, it's the OTHER Birthday being celebrated.

I'd really like to wish Jesus a very "Happy Birthday" in person, but I'll have to wait for the "in person" part. He'll just have to enjoy my thankful heart and the praises that I offer him......daily.

And I will enjoy all He has given to me....husband, family, friends, a home, a job....everything.

A great month to celebrate all God has given..........I pray I don't get lost in the bows and ribbons.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! [musical montage begins]

I'll give you an actual phone call later tonight.

Sharon Kent said...

Looking forward to your call, son.

Mom

Shauna Bennett said...

Happy Birthday Sharon!!!!! :)