Monday, December 3, 2007

The lesser of two evils.

Not to complain, as I know of people who are suffering much more than I at this very moment....but, I've been attempting to define my head pain. Is it more..... or less..... than say, a broken toe. Or how about a festering sliver in ones finger, or even a gall bladder attack. Of course there's the regular tooth ache. Migraines are difficult little devils. Just when you think they're gone, they come back on you with a vengeance.

I think I will compare the head pain to a tooth ache.....throbbing, dull pain that's just always there. Annoying. Makes ones whole body feel a little off the mark.

When you've got both happening at the same time, I find myself choosing which one is the best one to have. I know neither are good to have but if I chose the lesser of the two evils, I think I'd pick the migraine. With that, at least you know it's going to be gone in a day or two and it allows you to sleep a good long while (after several Advil) with ice on your head.

With the tooth ache, well, you know it's just going to get worse unless you get to have the old root canal procedure.....and sister, that just ain't no picnic.

I'll go now and take drugs for the migraine and then sleep................. and THEN in the morning I'll have my root canal.

It's all still very do-able......if I want a reasonably pain free body, that is.

No comments: