Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I spoke to the doctor.

And this is what he said.

If we have a few weeks of very cold weather, in the minus 30's, things should be very much improved this summer. The bugs don't like being out in those types of severe weather. They'll just freeze to death.

Oh, did I mention the doctor was an entomologist?

A doctor of bugs, as it were.

The Mountain Pine beetle is heading this way, and could cause great damage to our forests in Saskatchewan and beyond...as it has already in British Columbia and Alberta.

The extreme cold, for an extended period of time, will kill those little critters.

So, bring on the minus 40's. It's us....................or them.

The doctor says he thinks the bugs are beautiful.....I say they're ugly....but of course, I'm not a bug person!!

He's teaching me to appreciate them. Guess I really should be more appreciative.

It was God who created them, after all.

2 comments:

Linea said...

Makes you wonder, eh, if the bugs were designed to help control our ecology or are they as messed up and broken as the epople who should be protecting God's creation?

Linea said...

oops - people that should be!