Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The journey.

It is good to see one's life going forward and not backward.

It is even better to see one's children's lives progressing as well.

As a mother it is good to sit and talk on the phone with each one.

One is not feeling well, but otherwise doing well. Lots of responsibilities. Tons of work with school and family. She is a wonder to me......and I love her greatly.....deeply.......immeasurably. She loves to chat and tell me things about herself, school, her daughter's interests and school life and her husband and his job. They are a beautiful family and I am so fortunate to watch them on their journey in life. They are seeing things from a different perspective from mine and I appreciate that a great deal. I love what they have and are becoming.....together, as a family on this life journey.

Son is changing too. Thinking and being challenged by so many and varied perspectives that are playing vital roles in his life. Wondering how life will be a year from now. Hearing him on the phone as he talks about upcoming missions opportunities, his part-time jobs, his classes in college and all the new and interestingly informative classes on Jewish history and theology, life at his church and how he has become a part of it, the disciplines that somehow hold his life in place and the possibilities of finding new ones.....relationships and how they are teaching him new ways of thinking, holding on to certain things and letting go of others. His journey too, is full to overflowing with opportunity.

The "journey" is like that, isn't it. It offers us changes and challenges.

After conversations with my children, I rethink things in my own life.

Am I willing to allow the journey to take me places where I thought I never would go?

I want to think about that...........I need to pray about that.

No comments: