Sunday, February 3, 2008

Smoking.

I was thinking of some of my friends who have reconsidered their habit of smoking and have quit their addiction.

It's quite an achievement, I must say. I'm very proud that they have been able to do it too. Not an easy task.

Some folks I know, have gone back to the habit. The addiction was simply too great to overcome. I feel for those people because I know they will have felt disappointment in themselves. They will feel weak for going back. It may even depress them to the point of not trying again.

Well, the Bible says there is a season for everything under the sun. I believe there is even a season for people to fall back into their old ways....and there is a season for them to go ahead without their old ways.

The book I'm reading by Henri Nouwen "The Inner Voice of Love", speaks of those kinds of life's disappointments and disillusionments......with himself.

Be encouraged friends. There are seasons to be sure, of difficulties....and those too will end.

No comments: