Monday, March 10, 2008

Interesting.......

In our Sunday night "book reading" a bunch of us gals are doing, we're reading a really different book, the title of which has totally left me. I've only sat in on two sessions but this book gets us all thinking and thinking pretty hard too. It is challenging us in ways I had never before figured I COULD be challenged. I have been taught Biblical truths but never been challenged to think these things through myself. It's all good.

I'm beginning to think that God is really so much bigger than I ever thought was possible. There is so much more to Him. There is so much more to the spiritual world than we can imagine.

We even got talking about various theories, "the Chaos Theory" and "The Quantum Theory of Physics" and how they relate to our thinking of God and the universe. We first decided that we need to look up what the Quantum theory actually involved. I did manage to look up several articles on this theory and I even read "Quantum Theory for Dummies" but alas, I'm even more of a "dummie" than the book can reason for. Like I've said before, I don't DO math!

I believe this is why Scripture states, " 'Come, let us reason together' says the Lord."

We're sure reasoning together, that's for sure. I think we're in the middle of a "reasoning epidemic" within the church. I do think God is wanting to expand our feeble little minds!

1 comment:

Linea said...

Yeah, it has been good to stretch those things - not fossilized yet! That has been a tough book to read but it sure has made us think and talk. And it is neat how we all don't have to agree to talk together and all of us learn things from each other.