Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spruce Sunday

I like to think that if Jesus had lived over here in Prince Albert back in the day and he rode into P.A. on a donkey, we would have had spruce branches strewn on the road for him. I would have done that anyway. The fragrance of the boughs wafting in the air like sweet-smelling incense. Their softness and richness of green would lay before him like a deep, beautiful pile carpet.

I know the church calendar depicts tomorrow as "Palm Sunday", but to make it just a little more personal for me this year, I'm going to think of it as "Spruce Sunday".

I really don't think he'd mind one bit, because I would be remembering how on that ride into Jerusalem, he was in his last days here on earth. He was gearing up for what would be the greatest show of affection this world has ever seen................ or ever will see. I like to think of him as riding that donkey into my town, just so I could prepare the way for him, as he would be preparing a way for me.

I most likely won't make church tomorrow, but in my heart I will think of Jesus and his trip to Prince Albert, coming just for for me....on Spruce Sunday.

Jesus' last days in Jerusalem will be talked about, read about and thought over in the next few days by those who are his followers......me being one of them. It will be a sombre week ahead...........'til Sunday!

1 comment:

Linea said...

I think you would have loved Dixie's background picture for this Sunday - some green leaves. She called it "Green Leaf Sunday"