Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What will today bring.....

Let's see.

A lot of coughing.

Celebrating a great co-worker's 52nd birthday:)

Attending the Cancer Society Relay for Life Kick-off BBQ at work during the lunch hour. (and helping clean up afterwards).

Typing up a payroll date deadline sheet for all 3 of us B1 employees.

Adding up my expenses for all office supplies for the past fiscal year. (down from last year!!)

Sending a registered letter.

Eating jelly beans............quite a few, actually.

Talking with co-workers.

Drinking coffee.

Eating a strawberry yogurt and an apple.

Watching with my mouth hanging open while a co-worker runs out the door exclaiming that her husband had just been taken to the hospital by ambulance as his right side had gone numb. (After I got my mouth closed, I took a few minutes to offer up to God some pretty straight forward requests.....God, please help him.....and heal his body and look after that family.)

Went to see co-worker and husband in hospital.....a T.I.A. by the sounds of it. (Mini-stroke) He was doing ever-so-much better when we arrived.

You know, you just don't know what a regular, ordinary run-of-mill day will bring.

There are some days we simply have to take one moment at a time.

I think I'll end the day by praying for my friend and her husband again. God continues to be in that business of healing.

Good night.....and may the Lord watch over us all this night.

No comments: