Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ice and melt-down.

We took a quick trip up to P.A. National Park to check out a few camping sites.

First, breakfast at the hotel. The best omlette I've ever tasted!

Checked out the campground. Looks like many sites need a lot of repair before the summer starts!

We sat on the boardwalk and gazed out to the lake.

She was one big ball of mush. I walked right down to the edge and listened to the crackling and dripping of the ice melting and moving and heaving.

Now I know why it's always so cold in that lake during the first part of our vacation....the blasted ice has been out only a few weeks by then.

There were a few piles of snow lying in various stages of melt-down. A couple of snow balls landed next to my feet. Good thing husband has a pretty good aim. We were saying that by July, we would be wishing for that snow bank!

The sun was warm. The breeze was cool. The smell of pine was everywhere.....and the beach was deserted.

I should have staked out our little section of beach while I was there, for when we arrive in late June.

I wonder if it ever will get to that point.....renting your beach space???

No comments: