Friday, May 2, 2008

More of the same....

So, my last post was talking about a lot of fun and frivolity last night at the retirement function.

Well, this night is more of the same. My sides hurt. My (face) cheeks hurt.

My Benson cousins are totally fun - 3 brothers and 1 sister (children of my dad's oldest brother and their spouses - all from B.C.); plus a daughter of my dad's oldest sister and her Mexican husband;) - from Texas; another sister and brother cousin; and husband and I and plus Aunt Connie's late husband's niece and her husband from Saskatoon and my brother and his wife who will join us here tomorrow!

Eighteen of us. I think we made some noise in dear Aunt Connie's condo!!! She is still in hospital but she wanted us to have our first evening of fun at her place - without her.

I have so much fun with those guys and gals. We laugh hard and we laugh loudly and we laugh a lot! It's in the genes. Some drink wine and some drink beer and we eat more than we should and talk about what has happened in our lives since we last were together - 7 years ago.

So it's more of the same tomorrow and the next day and the day after that.

It's good to have sore cheeks! ;-)

No comments: