Monday, May 12, 2008

Promises...

Pastor yesterday mentioned an instance where in February of 1992, he experienced God in a profound way. When he mentioned that year and month, I remember writing something in my Bible around that exact same time.

I looked it up.

There it was. February, 1992 I wrote the words "Promise", beside the Scripture verses from Jeremiah 29:11-14a. Looks like God was speaking into our hearts around the very same time. I needed to hear from God at that time in my life. I was wretched and thirsty for a drink of hope. I found it in that passage. I noted in the margins also, that this very same Scripture passage was Pastor Randall's first sermon he preached to us at Gateway in 1998.

Here is the promise from Jeremiah 29:11-14a

"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. 12"When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. 13-14"When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." God's Decree. "I'll turn things around for you." The Message

I love promises from those whom I can trust to fulfill them......and I DO trust God.

No comments: