Thursday, May 15, 2008

Well, that was fun!

Too bad there wasn't a dance floor!

We had supper at Grand Central Cafe on......you guessed it, Central Avenue and 20th Street.

A buffet. Good old fried chicken, mashed spuds, gravy and about 5 various salads.

It was seniors night. Well, you had to be over 65 if you received the reduced rate. I guess they figured anyone younger than 65 still had good appetites and would have to pay the full price.

And they were right, of course.

Husband and I were the youngest ones there, if white heads were any indication.

It was a hoot!

AND they had a real live three piece band - rhythm guitar, bass guitar and an accordion (with a fiddle thrown in now and then for good measure).

Not only that, I knew every song they played.......after the first few bars I'd announce to husband what they were playing and I'd start singing along.....ya, while eating. I just couldn't help myself. I remember my mother singing all of those songs when I was very young and she'd be dancing in the kitchen while she sang (sometimes it would be on the radio) and I'd join her. We'd sing and dance.

I love music. It's in my blood. I could dance 'til the cows come home.....note I said "could".

It was a great way to begin a long and beautiful weekend.

No comments: