Saturday, September 27, 2008

Scenes from a bathroom window....






Of the eight houses I have lived in over my 60 years, this house has the best window ever....and it's in the bathroom!! None of the houses of my past even had a window in the bathroom, so here I am every morning with new and varying scenic views to greet me, according to the season.
The shutters give the privacy we need but above that is a whole open window letting in streams of morning sun, offering a feast for my bleary eyes of pinks, blues, whites and even sometimes greys.
The enormous elm tree provides summer shade from the stifling morning sun and mounds of hoar frost as the temperatures plummet to frigid.
I like this tiny bathroom. It's the smallest one I have ever had but the window view makes up for it's size.
I'll try and keep you posted on the "scenes from a bathroom window".......as the seasons change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those are some remarkable pictures! I never realized the view from that window. Next time I'm there; I'll be sure to take a closer look! :)

Love you! xoxo♥
Love your darling Brittney

Sharon Kent said...

Dear darling Brittney,

And you thought I only went into that room for specific purposes. heh heh heh

I'll try and have some lovely scenes in that window for when you come to P.A.

I think you like pinks....I'll ask.

Love,
Grammy