Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We...are...FAM...I...LY.......




As a family, we managed to have a good portion of our Waskesiu vacation on the water. Some were avid water fans. Others were not. Nevertheless, there was a good deal of good-natured splashing and tubing and fishing going on.
It's not always easy finding things that please all concerned in a family, but those that didn't find the water to be an answer to their prayers, were gracious enough to participate and make it fun for everyone else.
God was gracious enough to me too, to allow me to be the designated photographer and I didn't have to be on the other end of the camera! Praise the Lord!
I found it difficult taking shots of those being towed behind in the tube, while the lead boat hit wave after wave, making my camera weave like a drunken sailor.
Somehow, I managed to get their faces during their play time on the water.
I was really engrossed at one point in trying to focus the camera on son and girlfriend, as the waves were really tossing the boat around, only to find when I looked up from said camera, that son had fallen from said tube about a quarter mile back and said girlfriend had been trying to get my attention as to his whereabouts by frantically waving and making all kinds of gestures. I was the designated "spotter" after all!!!
No one drowned...
There are times when I just fail miserably at life and it's expectations placed upon me. :-)

No comments: