Friday, September 12, 2008

Wind and waves....










It's a great day to pay tribute to the wind and the waves in honor of Hurricane Ike and his several predecessors of late.
When I took the above pics the wind was around 40 km/hr NOT 160 km/hr like it is in Huston as I type this. I hope cousin Sue and Joe have their hatches down and all that.
The power of wind fascinates me to no end...but it also puts within me a fear like no other. The power of it can rip apart what man has taken years to make...in seconds.
I think back on the great Tsunami a few years back and Hurricane Katrina and the many other terrifying storms that have torn through many parts of the world over the years.
Our little waves and breezes here in northern Saskatchewan cannot compare (the recent exception, of course, being the tornado that wreaked havoc to many farms north of town a few weeks back!!!)
I count myself fortunate this night for flat land, open spaces and no waves or winds to terrorize me.
I do pray for those who are in the midst of the storms of life....emotional or physical. May God bring them through unscathed.

No comments: