Monday, October 13, 2008

The moments in between...

From the closing of our days, at our death,


To the resurrection of our bodies into new Life...

There's that time frame in between that has most of us regular folk and theologians alike, wondering....... wondering what happens to our spirit from the time it leaves our bodies and to when we meet Christ face to face... I like to think about that time in between....or maybe we meet Christ right then and there, the moment we take our last breath, who knows.
I think it will be like nothing we ever imagined it could be. Of course, we only have things here on earth to compare with and measure up to.....like the beauty of our earth and the loveliness and vastness of the universe, or the joys we experience while we're here, even the element of time....
Since Aunt Connie's death yesterday, I've been thinking about things like that. Thinking about how important we think things are here in our own little world and how unimportant or even non-existent they will be in heaven. I think it will be so very different and totally amazing and just out-of-this world magnificent.
The thing I know though is that Christ, in all the ways we attempt to describe His wonder, there will be no comparison as to the magnificence of actually being in His presence.
I will go to bed this night trying to imagine, with my little finite mind, all the sights and sounds and wonders that my dear Aunt Connie will be experiencing in the presence of God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth.
It makes me want to smile...

No comments: