Friday, October 10, 2008

My motto...

BE PREPARED!!!

Good thing I had my trusty "O"lympus with me at work this morning when the white stuff decided to make it's first appearance of the fall season. Yes, I need to be prepared (along with a million Scouts), in more ways than one.

I'll not only need my pal "O" for the long winter months ahead of snapping in frigid weather, but the fingers will need to be covered. I haven't yet had the opportunity of snapping the ole' digital whilst my digits freeze to the shutter....another experience of life I look forward to. Perhaps somewhere in camera land they have special little gloves that keep one's fingers toasty while taking outdoor pics. If you know of something in that line, let me know. Or It may ONLY be posting "scenes from the bathroom window" until spring.

Ya, getting back to that motto... "Be Prepared"... Most things take preparation, I think. Like Thanksgiving dinner, for instance. People don't just sit down to a good old turkey/stuffing/potato/gravy/salad /veggie/perogie/cabbage roll/pie a-la-mode supper without someone doing some kind of preparation ahead of time, right. The bird needs buying (or for you country folk, wringing/whacking, plucking, gutting, etc. etc.), spuds need peeling, stuffing needs to be stuffed, pies need making and baking. Things like that.

So, if you sit down to a wonderful meal in front of you this weekend, give thanks...to your hosts and more importantly to your heavenly hosts...with God being at the head of your table.

The Bible says he has a banquet prepared ahead of time for us when we arrive in his presence. I wonder what He will have cooked up? Whatever it is, it will be scrumptious.

Read the story of the banquet feast the Heavenly Father has for us....if we are prepared to attend...no excuses!

Luke14:16-25

16Jesus replied: "A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. 17At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.'
18"But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, 'I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.'
19"Another said, 'I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I'm on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.'
20"Still another said, 'I just got married, so I can't come.'
21"The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.'
22" 'Sir,' the servant said, 'what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.'
23"Then the master told his servant, 'Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full. 24I tell you, not one of those men who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.' "

The invitation is for us all. Those with ears to hear...let them hear.

No comments: