Sunday, November 30, 2008

Another evening...

We even had the "red and black" group....:-)


Food was plenty and so was the fellowship....


Masa singing in his native tongue - Lingala....


Fiona following in mother, Janet's footsteps on piano.....



The Vandersluys family...

Family Advent Program

The food line.....


Emily and Cory - our hosts for the Family Advent Program
Such a very full day. Such a very blessed day.
We were reminded once again, as we begin today with the first Sunday of the season of Advent, how important it is to refocus our lives and wait in expectation.....yes, in a world of instant gratification, we have a season to do some serious waiting. Do we wait impatiently in those long lines of consumer buying sprees? Do we wait for the elderly lady walking in front of us in the mall? Our (my) tendency is to rush by everyone who isn't in the same fast lane as I am. And those line-ups in stores? They drive me to distraction and sometimes even further.
So, if I have a season that tells me to wait, I think I shall go there.
Waiting. Pondering. Slowing.
If I am to meet the Christ of Christmas, I shall have to do those three things.
Anyway, the day was full and good and it was a time to feel and see the importance of the Body of Christ, once again. It is a Body that nurtures and encourages and cares and loves.
The pictures tell it all.

No comments: