Friday, November 14, 2008

If we hadn't bought buns...




Ya, if we hadn't decided to have left over pork on buns for supper and gone to the Co-op right after work, I never would have capatured the glow of a November sunset in Prince Albert.


We were headed home the usual way when the conversation began with:


"What should we have for supper?" asked husband.

"I don't know. I'm not very hungry since we had a big lunch at dinner time!", I responded.

"What about left-over pork on some buns?", he inquired.

"Sounds good to me.", says I.

"I'll just stop at Co-op first then and run in.", says the man.

"Well, we're on our way home. What about Safeway? It's close.", I mentioned.

"Co-op is just around the corner. It won't take long.", he says.

"Okay then.", I huffily reply.


Off we go to Co-op. In goes husband to get buns for supper. Out husband comes, buns in hand almost 15 minutes later.


"I would have been here sooner but I stopped to talk to Auntie Olga...and she likes to talk!", husband says.

"I wondered where you had gone! Thought perhaps you were looking for 'specific' buns!", I reproached with an ever-so-slight hint of humour.


Off we drive west towards River Street and home.


As we arrive on river street I yell...."STOP THE CAR!!!"

Husband pulls over and stops the car, as I fumble in my purse. (I think he's beginning to be somewhat prepared for these outbursts lately).


"Well, maybe we should go over the bridge!", I exclaim excitedly. (What I really meant was 'maybe we should go over to the other side of the bridge and you could stop there').


Husband thought I meant to go all the way around and drive over the bridge to the north side of it. He would have none of it. I must have been too excited to explain myself properly.


He pulls out from original spot and goes a bit further all the while exclaiming that he didn't really want to drive over the bridge.....while I was trying to explain that that isn't what I really meant and while explaining that, I yell once more, "STOP THE CAR!!!"


He pulls over and stops the car.


By now I have my camera out and at the ready. I'm jumping out of the car but I'm leaning on the open door and snapping. There in front of us was the most beautiful of sunsets which I attempted to capture above. Click. Click. Click.


And now I'm eating my bun with left-over pork and showing you the outcome of an unexpected trip to the Co-op.
God does stuff like that. He gives us detours sometimes. It's up to us to take adavntage of them.

No comments: