Monday, January 19, 2009

Luke and Mr. Obama...




This big boy had his tonsils/adenoids out on the Inaugural Eve of the first black President of the United States of America, January 19, 2009.


Perhaps Luke's mommy and daddy will tell him the story when he gets older of all the celebrations happening in North America as the U.S. prepares to swear in their new President, Barack Obama.


Both Mr. Obama and John F. Kennedy will share their ceremonial inaugural day - January 20 - Kennedy in 1961 - the year Mr. Obama was born.


So, little Luke will be able to say, when they play re-runs of the Presidential swearing in ceremony 50 years from now, "that January 20, 2009 was the day I was recovering from my tonsil surgery."


Quite momentous.
It is for me too actually....this is also the day my mom died....January 19, 1989....
May God watch over and take hold of the United States of America....and may He especially heal little Luke's throat and ears very quickly.
And now for some cough medicine....'nite.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Momentous indeed!

Thanks for putting up the pictures of my boy and thinking of him.

Wow. 20 year since your mom passed away. Time goes too fast sometimes. It'll be 25 years since my grandpa Dynna died this year and I still remember it so well.