Tuesday, February 17, 2009

He turned his back on me...



I've been trying over the winter months to get a close-up of Mr. Raven...even Mrs. Raven but alas, I'm either too slow at getting my camera out or husband is too slow to stop the vehicle.

I probably should walk more.

Anyway, as I mentioned yesterday, we came upon three of them fighting over some edible (to their way of thinking) item and I figured it would be now or never.

Camera was already in hand. Down with the power windows. That kind of spooked them a bit and two flew off. This fellow stayed.

He was gazing at me with those lovely black eyes, and I was focusing my camera to catch his georgeous face when a car honked and up he jumped and gave a 180 when my camera snapped. Blast.

Oh well. It's better getting the hind end of a raven going north than no raven at all.

Just look at those feathers. They look warm enough to snuggle into...if you dodn't mind mites and lice.

I'll be watching for a face-on pose this coming weekend when we may venture up to Waskesiu, if it ever warms up.

Ta ta for now....

No comments: