Thursday, February 19, 2009

Trying to get ready...

SPRING
SUMMER

FALL

WINTER

I've been asked to give a few thoughts after our breakfasts next weekend. The Women Ministries will be holding their annual retreat at The Quest on Christopher Lake and the theme will be "Seasons".
I don't have any great picture of "spring" but the old neighbor's crab tree in blossom will have to suffice. Photography is still very new to me and so I'm learning as I go.....by chance and by experiment. When I retire in 3 years, 9 months and 22 days, it should be a terrific hobby.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this retreat. It's a wonderful time to get to know others, to see various sides of those we don't see very often and for them to see us in a different setting too. It's good.
Using a visual identity for each season was a good idea that a friend had given me. Not sure how the words will come out but at least they'll have a couple of pictures to look at, if nothing else.
Time for bed.....yawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn...

3 comments:

Linea said...

Ah, yes. Getting my Evening Prayers together too.

Really looking forward to the weekend.

Anonymous said...

You've posted some really nice photos. I thought you were a seasoned professional photographer.

Sharon Kent said...

Phil: one in progress....:-)