Saturday, February 21, 2009

Winter on the beach....

The Otter Dock

Narrow's Road

Waskesiu Off-season

White Tail with the run of the Town.

I'm waiting patiently for the store to open.

The only person on the beach!

No picnic-ers....

and no bathing beauties!
It was a grand day for Waskesiu Lake. Six people (including us) in the Hawood Inn for breakfast. Not another soul.
When I stood outside to take these pictures....and several others.....I was deafened by the silence. I could hear ringing in my ears. I wanted to shout or something. There wasn't a bird in sight. The only animal we saw was the white tailed deer walking about the cabin roads.
When we arrived at the Narrows, I went to the dock to see if any otters were about. Walking on top of the dock I could see their entrances to the waters beneath. I could hear them splashing about, making their funny little otter noises and by the sounds of it, may have been getting on mothers nerves! They were probably sent to their rooms and couldn't come out to play.
But the snow was glorious. The sky was as blue as you can imagine. Every now and then you could hear the cluck...cluck...cluck...of various ravens across the lake. Other than that, nothing. Just white and beautiful.
A day to remember.....and thank God for.
Next weekend I'll have my camera on the ready too, at our Retreat.

No comments: