Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Questions and wonderings.....




There are moments in life when I just sit back and wonder about many things....
How is it that life is going by so very quickly and seems to be actually picking up speed? (As my friend, Val, has expressed it, "Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end the faster it unrolls!")
Do I have some things yet to do here on earth that need doing...things that would make a difference for another person, or a group of people, or dare I say, the world?
Have I really grasped what living this God-given life is all about? Have I really grasped how important a gift that life really is?
Have I allowed another person to change for the better and not forced them into that change?
Will I ever be able to say that I loved people enough?
All of these questions........some of which I can do something about.
One thing I have come to realize though. Life is not about things. Life is about other people and my relationship with them.
More importantly, life is really about coming to a knowledge that there is more to life than what I experience here and now. Of course, it is important that I live life well, while I am here. It is important that when I fail at life, that I admit that failure, ask for forgiveness and go on. But there is another chapter coming up that will fulfill the hope I have, the hope that God gives me. That is the hope of heaven.....whatever that will look like.
Anyway, those are the things I've been thinking about today. Not sure what made me think about all of these things, but there are times when I become quite melancholy and philosophical and those kinds of thoughts just spill out.
So, enjoy life....today. It is good that we do.

No comments: