Tuesday, May 12, 2009

White with green & yellow....













Those "colors" epitomize spring, in my humble opinion.

Crisp. Fresh. New. Alive.

Whether it's a bird, a flower or a little girls new outfit, white with green and yellow just seem to go together.

Daily, I continue to be amazed by all that God has created for our pleasure and enjoyment. I think he liked that color combo too, because I see an awful lot of it in nature...and in every season.


Then there are birch trees with their stark white bark and green leaves. We can't forget our "Saskatchewan Tree"!
As an aside, I've been taking First Aid training today, so figured I should think on lovely things like trees and birds and flowers, instead of blood spurting and legs breaking and trying to resuscitate an inanimate doll. And I now feel like a teenager because I actually forgot my homework book at the office. I'll most likely have to stay in after class.
AND tomorrow is "Pie Day" at work. Got my 6 pies done. As a matter of fact, I made lemon with white merangue on top, banana cream and coconut cream (to go with the yellow/white theme I've got going on here).
Enjoy the rest of your evening....and if you don't see me soon, I may be in detention....bummer.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh yum - that pie sounds good! Wish I could stop by for some...

Dixie said...

Well, I didn't send Marc for pie today. Mostly b/c he was at the church, but also b/c we have half a banana cream pie in the fridge, and then also b/c my stomach has suddenly grown and I probably shouldn't be eating pie! Yikes. I thought people lost weight when they were stressed!

:)

Sharon Kent said...

Shannon, wished you could have stopped in for pie too!!! sigh....

Dixie, eat pie anyway. You can never have too much, I say. Stomach sizes come and go, but a good pie...well, it comes and goes too, but it usually goes directly to my butt cheeks.:-)