Monday, August 31, 2009

Mountains and bumble bees....

Looking way up and far beyond.
Town of Canmore from a vast birds-eye view.

Enormous sheer rock faces.

Big bumble bee on tiny mountain flower.
Funny how everything is relative. Looking at those mountains, we see enormity, greatness, vastness and majesty. But the bumble bee is also huge..barely fits on that little flower.
Two very large chunks of creation..one relative to the sky...the other to the tiny flower.
I sometimes wonder how God sees me, as a human being, relative to the infinitness of the universe. I would tend to think he would see me as a speck of dust in comparison to all of creation.....and yet, I know he sees me as something much more precious than dust.....precious enough that he would become one of us with flesh and blood and show me how love should be....by giving everything up that was his, giving it all away, his very life, for the sake of love....love for me. What kind of love is that? What do we have that compares to it?
Nothing.
There is no love quite like that.......I think to myself.
And yet, I am called by God to act out that kind of love, too. The very same kind of love he offered to me, I am called to offer to others. That kind of love should be a bi-product of who I am because of who He is and what he gave to me.
Totally selfless, uninhibited, unrestrained love.....as immense as a mountain.....or a bumble bee.

2 comments:

Linea said...

So, were you in Canmore?

Sharon Kent said...

Ya, I should have mentioned that these are Matt's pictures of his mountain trek while visiting his friend in Canmore.