Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Preparing....


I'm preparing to say farewell to our son this weekend. He's off to India in a few short weeks, if all goes according to plan.


I like the thought of him making himself available to others in need, helping them, loving them and being a part of their existence. I like the thought of him learning new things and having his life changed, I'm sure, to some degree.


I don't like the thought of him being so very far away....for many months. But that's just me, his mom, being selfish I guess. I don't like saying good bye to folks....especially my children.


But I will. I will do things I don't like doing because I know in the end, it will be for the best.


May God watch over his heart and his mind, and his spirit and his soul......and mine too......

No comments: