Tuesday, September 8, 2009

And I'm not even going.....





This is just a sample of the kind of people I work with!!!
Deb, knowing I've been somewhat distracted with Matt's trip happening tomorrow morning, stopped by my desk today with this beautiful gesture, and knowing she wouldn't be here tomorrow either. She thought of me.....as many others have.....and I'm not even the one leaving!!! I told Matt, I graciously accepted the flower bouquet because of his trip:-)
It's very humbling to think that people care about me that much though...but they do.
I think I shall share this flower with my co-worker, Twila. Their family pet, Molly, is terminally ill and will be put down tomorrow. May God give my friend and her family peace and healing.
And may God give Matthew journey mercies during his 21 hours of flight in the next couple of days. Guess it can't hurt him being just a tad bit closer to heaven.......(I say to myself bravely).
Seems like it's just a very emotional time in so many ways for both Twila and me.
P.S. I'm a white-knuckle flyer, myself.....:-(
UPDATE on Molly:
Twila and her family decided to keep their dear dog Molly, at home for the rest of her days, as long as that may be. The vet said to spoil her....and that is what they shall do. That's bitter sweet......

No comments: