Friday, September 25, 2009

Familiar...or not......

On the way to Regina, the setting sun was beautiful. I took some pictures of that prairie sunset but we were traveling 120 kph, so they may not have turned out. I'll show you once we get home.

We arrive (in the dark) at daughter's place. Their little cul-de-sac is quite dark and I'm sure their house number is 214. I ring the door bell...no light on outside.....or in any of the condos on the whole street! Ringggggg......ringggggggggg........ringggggggggggggggggggggggggg No one.

Are we on the right road???? Yes.

Please God, don't let it be like the next to last time we came here to their other condo, where we were at the wrong place.....thank goodness no one came to the door THAT time.

Oh, wait. Someone is coming down the stairs.....finally. And they didn't leave a light on for us. Anyway, here we are dear, suitcases in hand and bags as well! We're just two weary travellers from the north country, ready to flop down on your couch and give you big hugs.

Door opens. Big fella......and not OUR big fella!!!

"Oh my!"...says I. "We're so sorry. We're at the wrong house." (I wanted to say "again" but was much too humiliated).

Picked up bags and suitcases and walked back to car.

Look in huge purse for daughter's address.

Blast.

Missed it by two numbers......2...1...2

So, here we are at last. Tired. Embarrassed. Comfy.

And in the morning we get to "see" son on Skype.

I better get to bed so my face will look as fresh as a daisy when he greets me on the web cam. I surely don't want to look like one of those "old ladies" who go around ringing unknown people's doorbells....now do I???

'nite all......

No comments: