Monday, September 14, 2009

Some words to think on....

I've been reading these words many times over and thinking about them and realizing just how far away I do stray from what God wants me to do and be....

Hebrews 12:28 to 13:3
"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.
Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering."

Those words are a whole truck load to take in all at once. They give us an idea of God's holiness and reverence....but also they show his desire for us to help one another out in this life he's given us to live. Being hospitable to strangers?????!!!! (Not sure if I'm even hospitable to those I know, let alone strangers). Remember those in prison????!!!! (What better city than P.A. for that one!!) Those who are mistreated???!!!! ( I know of some folk who really are mistreated and neglected, so in that sense I actually can empathize).

See what I mean. I have a very long way to go in "being all I can be" for the sake of Christ.

May God help me on my journey......

No comments: