Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Trust in the Lord...


A co-worker's wife has cancer. Everyone wants to help them...in some way.


My mind goes to God's Word when things begin to get scary and uncertain and I begin to read His Words of encouragement to all of us. I go and sit and tell Him about how my heart aches for this woman and her family, how sometimes life seems so unfair and how I know that He wants to heal us of our diseases. I let him know I'm anxious about it all, but also that I desire Trina to be well. He tells me not be worry...but I do anyway....


In the book of Philippians 4:6,7 the Apostle Paul says this:

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

I know that God wants us to acknowledge Him and praise Him in all circumstances. He wants us to trust in Him, so that when we walk in the valley of the shadow of death, we can know He will be walking beside us, holding us with His strong and loving hand.


Here is Psalm 95 - a Psalm of praise to the Maker of us all:
"Come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come to him with thanksgiving.
Let us sing psalms of praise to him.
For the Lord is a great God, a great King above all gods.
He holds in his hands the depths of the earth and the mightiest mountains.
The sea belongs to him, for he made it.
His hands formed the dry land, too.
Come, let us worship and bow down.
Let us kneel before the Lord our maker, for he is our God.
We are the people he watches over, the flock under his care."
I'm trusting my God tonight....for His sense of peace that passes all understanding, for his mercy on us, His children, and for healing....on Trina and so many others that I love.
May God have mercy on us all.

No comments: