Thursday, October 15, 2009

Family names....


Here is the happy couple...Rovelyn and Kelly. They were married in the Philippines where she is from and now has made residence with her husband in Tisdale, Sask. Kelly brought her to our home the other night to meet us and we enjoyed a candle light supper of leftovers together!!

Kelly's dad...my brother...was the only married son my parents had, as our younger brother died before he married and had children.

So....to continue on with the "Philip Benson" side of the family, the pressure was on Kelly to keep that line of the "Benson" family going. He now has a lovely, beautiful wife and perhaps one day God will bless that union with a son of their own. Time will tell.;-)

I think it is somewhat a source of pride, being parents of sons. It's wonderful to have your family name passed on down to your children and their children and their children's children......and so on.

With Ken and I....well, we can't really keep the "Benson" name going for obvious reasons. There is a possibility we can keep the name "Kent" going though through our son.....one day perhaps.

But we managed to keep my dad's name going through Matt....Matthew "Philip" Dale. When I hear those names I think of the two men who were so dear to me.......my father and my younger brother.

Names are important. If we're good parents, the children can take their name and be proud of who it represents. Of course, the same goes for being rotten parents...the children have that name hanging around their necks as a symbol of hatred and contempt and misery.

So, to all you parents out there, be good to your children. Allow them to be blessed just by the family name they carry on to the next generation.

You'll be glad you did. :-)

No comments: