Friday, December 18, 2009

The Christmas Party '09

Dick and Robert
The feasting table.

Dave serving Deb his great punch.
(non-alcoholic, of course)

Lois and husband Rod.

Earl and Rory enjoy loading up.

Everyone gathered to celebrate and feast.

Pat may just eat that Christmas napkin too....

April and Val going over important Forestry document?

Rory says it best....CHEERS TO ALL!!!
It was a good potluck feast at work on Wednesday. It started earlier than was announced as folks were really, really hungry and couldn't wait until 3 p.m. (me included). The Giggly Gift time was shorter than usual and that added to the earlier start to the eating frenzy.
The managers gathered some cash and Dave L. took the initiative and bought all the pop and ingredients for three delicious punches...all festive looking with ice rings, ice cream, yogurt and such. It was lovely....and I for one, appreciated their generosity and thoughtfulness.
The poor folks who brought their food on time!!!!....... as much of the food was gone before they arrived! But at least there was food right up until the end and it was all very tasty and good.
I appreciated everything that people brought....so now you know....I tried most everything, except DaveD's hot chili.
I'm off work now for a couple of weeks. Time is flying by and I have no shopping done...at all. I did give out some of my photography to some poor unsuspecting folks but that's all that has been accomplished.
And now to attempt to get ready for Christmas.....but right now I'm waiting for a call from Nepal.

No comments: