Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I got my wish...


Yes.
After dreaming of a white Christmas and wishing and hoping and praying...it happened.
Yaaaaaaaaaaay!
It looks ever-so-pretty.
I even shoveled. It gets ones blood moving and thumping and warms the cockles of your heart!
It think that's what is supposed to happen at Christmas....even without a fireplace.
We even spoke to Matt in Nepal. The delay of our conversation was quite a bit more lengthy than what it was from Kolkata. Must have been those Himalayas!!! And then his sound went wonky and he wasn't audible and so we could speak to him but he had to type his response for the last part of the time we had. We managed. But even with him recuperating from Typhoid, he looked wonderful.
Even with my wish for snow coming true....my greatest wish would have been having him home for Christmas.
But I have learned that in this life you just keep learning the "how to's"....how to live without your kids close by...how to live with them coming back to live with you and keeping each other's independence at the same time...you know, change stuff.
So let's all have a merry little Christmas....let our hearts be light....from now our our troubles will be out of sight.....were you singing????
Two more sleeps 'til Santa........

1 comment:

Dixie said...

I thought you said it "warms the COOKIES of your heart". You can tell where my brain is!!!

Looking forward to giving you a big hug tonight. :)