Tuesday, December 8, 2009

One by one.....









The various boxes of Christmas decorations are carefully opened....one by one....
Some hold Santa stockings, one from when I was a very small child, two belong to my children and now one that belongs to my granddaughter.
Other boxes display ornaments of hand-made creations made painstakingly by our son and daughter. One bent Hallmark original box from 1981 contains an ornament given to my parents by husband and I and another given to our daughter when she was just 4 years old. Some are made of delicate glass given to us by friends and still others made of paper or cloth or crochet cotton.
I enjoy bringing them out each year, carefully placing them one by one on the tree and allowing them to once again be a part of a grand celebration....the celebration of Christmas.

No comments: