Friday, December 11, 2009

Wicked.....


It's a good day to have a birthday. Husband made his famous (daughter's recipe) honey garlic wings for supper which I enjoyed very much. I received a lovely sweater and a card that said some beautiful things...about how much he loves me and how glad he is to be married to me and how happy I make him....you know, the regular stuff marriages are made of.:-)

Afterwards, we just sat and watched the lovely tree and listened to Christmas music on the telly.

I then sent my children a message from Santa. I hope it gets through with the wicked storm happening at the North Pole tonight.

But yes, the weather can knock your socks off when there's a windchill happening and will again be happening in the morning. Can you say "MINUS FIFTY" without your breath coming back on your face and slashing your cheeks making you look like a battle-scarred hockey player? I thought not!!!

Anyway, I share my birthday with my friends Phil Loseth and Joe Gaudry not to mention the great composer Charles Wesley (1757); the Nobel prize winner for writing, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (1918); famed violinist Leonard Friedman (1930) and "Motley Crue" rocker Nicki Sixx (1958). I am in an illustrious group of famous/infamous folk. There must be other people who have a birthday today, but I don't have the space to mention all of them. :-)

Stay warm and keep that wicked wind away from your person....OK?

No comments: