Thursday, January 21, 2010

Delicate...



The other day the hoar frost was not terribly thick but what there was of it was delicate and beautiful...against that winter blue sky. If you look closely you can see one crystal clinging to another and another and another outlining each twig and branch.
And then the wind came and blew it into nothingness.
I think these are God moments when beauty stares us in the face. We can either take these moments to look at and appreciate and get that sense of awe from what our eyes are beholding before it disappears...or we can walk right past the gift.
I was on my way into work at the back door but I simply had to stop. That kind of beauty was just too much for me to ignore. So, I clicked and clicked and walked back into the building with a few praises on my lips and words of thanksgiving to a God who took the time to allow me some beauty in a difficult day.
God gives good, even delicate gifts. It's up to us to enjoy them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.