Monday, June 28, 2010

Thunderstorm....

The morning was warm and breezy and deliciously summery and off husband and I went to A&W for our morning toast and coffee.  Visiting with a few folks there and off we (as in I) went bill paying, gassing up car and banking.  Home for a nutritious lunch and a rest for my man.  Then I went grocery shopping.  Now, the reason I mention this is because it was an adventure for me.  Ken always goes shopping while I'm working so I never much get to decide what gets bought...but now that he's temporarily out of commission, I took advantage of the opportunity to go "healthy food shopping".  I checked labels and compared labels and took note of products with "low sodium" and "fat free" and "no sugar added", where before, we didn't much think of those things.  I really hope my expedition this afternoon proves to be the beginning of a healthy lifestyle for both of us.  And then I prepared a 'healthy' supper for this heart/diabetic/high blood pressure patient/husband of mine. One small piece of lean meat, a small slice of multi-grain brown bread, broccoli, and a salad....and he really enjoyed it, as did I!

Then after supper Sharon D. visited us on behalf of our church community.  She brought a fruit basket too for the patient.  We chatted and laughed and reminisced about times when our family used to go to their place out in the country for our Christmas tree which was always followed by a spread of marvelous food in their large country home where the fireplace crackled and welcomed us with a festive warmth. Sharon left our home after a cup of tea and a time of prayer and thanksgiving for our wonderful God.

Then...........

Stillness.

Then....pfffft...pfffft....pfffft......pffft...pffft....pffft.....

Ruuuummmmmmble....boooooooommmmmm......flashhhhhhhhh......baaaaaaang

Yet another wet prairie evening....complete with electricity!

I love it.

It was a good day indeed......

2 comments:

Linea said...

It is hard to change one's eating habits - I know. But it can be done and it sure feels good - eventually.

Bon courage!

deb said...

Glad to see everyone is home now. Can't wait to see you guys. Will stop by next week when you are more settled. Hugs & kisses - deb