Monday, July 26, 2010

Decisions...

So, now that husband can't really do much shovelling or heavy kinds of lifting things, we MUST be looking for an apartment.  We've been on the hunt.  We've seen pretty much everything....from very tiny and low cost to basement suites to a nice fairly large second floor apartment...with balcony.  Some have one parking stall, another has a car port and another one which we will look at Wednesday is a 3 bedroom with a garage...but in a "scary and perhaps unsafe" kind of neighborhood.  Some places have basement laundry facilities, others have same floor laundry...most are coin operated.  With some, you pay for electricity, others you have everything included in the rent.  We are torn.....but either way, it would mean downsizing....yet again.

But I say, if we can downsize, we still must have too much "stuff".  Husband is worried about where he can put his arsenal of guns and his myriad of tools.  Me on the other hand...where can I put the tread mill?

It will be a give and take situation for sure.  I like the idea of having the cheaper apartment that is situated on the river bank with a lovely view of the river from one of the bedrooms...and it has nice deep window sills. 
But right now, husband may just need a bit more room before we go that small.  We did have a great chat to an old friend who owns the complex.  I hadn't seen Chuck in many, many years.  We lived in the same neighborhood as kids.  So we reminisced a bit and got caught up a bit on our lives and chatted away for a good half hour.  I would feel comfortable in that place, I think.

Anyway, it's a big decision to make.  Landlords are looking for reliable and quiet tenants, so I think we'd fit the bill in that category.

I think I'll confer with God on this one.  Perhaps he can show us the way that would be best for us right now.




 I'll post these river pics just to remind God about how lovely it would be to live in an apartment by the river.....well, maybe that isn't fair.....but we could do some good walking on that path.:-)

2 comments:

Linea said...

Oh, I hope you find something near us and just what you need. You know David has his house for rent - 19th so maybe not that great a spot. He may have already rented it as well.

SharonK said...

We have now officially taken the second floor south-facing apartment at Casa Grande on River Street East. Small, but not overly, and I do love the idea of getting to glimpse out at the river any time I wish through one of the bedroom windows. I'm excited! And Ken won't have to do any shoveling this winter! Another plus. Now, to downsize, yet again!