Thursday, August 19, 2010

Out of the ordinary...

We spent a day out of the ordinary today...husband and I.  We spoiled ourselves and drove to Waskesiu to enjoy part of a day there....to have lunch at the Hawood, walk the break water, coffee and snack at the Trading Post, drive to the Narrows and back home to more packing and readying for garage sale #3.

It was a glorious day.  Not hot.  Not cool.  Not windy. Not cloudy. Not smokey.  Just right.  So, here is our day in pictures...after coffee at A&W and a trip to see the nice diabetic nurse.....

Since we're permit holders.....we went right....

Walking the boardwalk....

Lake higher than we've ever seen it....splashing over the boardwalk!

Peek....

Serenity....

(note poor grammar in a national park!!)


black & white can be pretty....

"Bee-ing on top"

Color explosion....

Good posture....

Contrast....

A sail on the breeze...

Skittish Canada geese.

"Wasp FlowerFest"

Spiky.....

That's about it.  I took many, many, many more pictures but you get the idea of the kind of day I (we) had!  I sorely needed that, I must say.  I told husband my heart was longing for a glimpse of the lake, just a glimpse and I certainly was blessed with so much more.  God makes beautiful stuff!

Tomorrow, if time will allow after the garage sale, I shall post a few pics of our new apartment on the inside (without furniture).  I'm getting very excited to be there!  A bit more packing yet......

No comments: