Saturday, September 18, 2010

Psalm 130...

"1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;

2 O Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.


3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?


4 But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.


5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.


6 My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.


7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption.


8 He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins."

A good Psalm to hear today. 

It is not always easy waiting on God, waiting for him to direct, to lead, to speak.

And so, I pray with the psalmist this night...."my soul waits for the Lord, my soul waits and in his word I put my hope".

Visioning is not always about "seeing"....it is also about waiting...on the God of the universe.




We shall wait for the morning....and the beauty it brings.

No comments: